Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Sweetie - fruity


Photography by Donna Samonte


My childhood friend asked me if I have a recipe for jams and jellies. Luckily, I still have the recipe in my mind that my HS teacher had thought us for strawberry jam.

I'm not so fond with jams and jellies but my kids are, most especially when added in peanut butter sandwich....mmmm....sounds yum! =)

And btw, one of the most yummiest jams I've ever tasted is made by Mariton's mother-in-law Shirley...wish I can have some more! Hehehe.....

Strawberry Jam

Ingredients:
2 cups crushed fresh strawberries
4 cups sugar
1 pck dry pectin
3/4 cup water

Directions:
Wash and hull strawberries. Mix crushed strawberries with sugar, and let it stand for about 30 minutes.

Boil water in low heat, stir pectin into water for 1 minute. Pour and stir pectin mixture with strawberries, mixing it well.

Set aside for 5 minutes to thicken, stirring it occasionally.

Pour your fruit jam into storage bottles and let it stand for 24 hrs, covering the bottles with tight lids.

No comments: